Monday Flood Advisory for Jefferson and Gallatin Counties
Rising temperatures are prompting another Flood Advisory for our area. Portions of northern Gallatin County are already experiencing minor flooding. Be careful!
According to the National Weather Service:
THE FLOOD ADVISORY FOR SNOW MELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 930 PM TONIGHT FOR JEFFERSON AND NORTHERN GALLATIN COUNTIES...
- At 410 AM, snow melt is causing flooding in valley locations across portions of Northern Gallatin and Jefferson Counties.
- This flooding is impacting travel through portions of these counties due
to water over roads.
- Some roadways that have been affected by flood waters include...
- Churchill Road, between Manhattan and south of Churchill has reported water on the roadway in a few locations.
- Milligan Canyon Road between I-90 and Highway 287.
- Portions of Highway 437 south of Radersburg.
- Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads.
- Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.