Montana State vs. SDSU: 5 Things You Need to Know
The Montana State University Bobcats are heading to Brookings, SD to face the South Dakota State University Jackrabbits in the 2022 FCS championship semifinals on Saturday, December 17. Here's what you need to know about the game.
After receiving home-field advantage in the FCS playoffs thus far, the Bobcats are on the road this week to take on #1 SDSU in Brookings. The Bobcats defeated William & Mary 55-7 at home on Friday to advance to the semifinals. The Jackrabbits secured their spot in the semifinals following a 42-21 win over Holy Cross.
The Bobcats are one of four remaining teams in the FCS playoffs, including SDSU, NDSU, and Incarnate Word. Incarnate Word knocked off Sacramento State 66-63 in a game that will go down in history for having the most points scored in an FCS post-season game.
For the Bobcats, Saturday's game against SDSU is a chance to secure a spot in the FCS National Championship game in Frisco, Texas for the second year in a row. The Bobcats defeated SDSU 31-17 in the 2021 FCS semifinals.
5 Things You Need to Know About Montana State vs. SDSU in the 2022 FCS Championship Semifinals
- Montana State will need to rely on its high-powered rushing game to win against the Jackrabbits. The Bobcats have averaged 511.6 yards per game this season, and have proved to be a challenge for most defenses. SDSU has only allowed 70.6 rush yards per game this season. It's going to be a slugfest.
- The winning team will secure a spot in the 2022 FCS National Championship in Frisco, Texas on January 8.
- The last time the two teams met in the 2021 FCS semifinals, the Bobcats prevailed 31-17.
- Kickoff is at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 17. The game will be televised on ESPN 2. 100.7 XL Country will also be broadcasting the game on the radio.
- Tickets for Saturday's game in Brookings, SD start at just $12. Tickets are available at gojacks.com