More Snow: 8″ Possible by Tuesday Morning
Both the mountains and valleys are supposed to get more snow by Tuesday morning with up to 8" in the highest elevations and 2 - 4" in the valleys.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM MONDAY MORNING TO 3 AM TUESDAY.
- WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to to 4 inches at lower elevations with up to 8 inches in the mountains.
- Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
- WHERE...Gallatin and Madison.
- WHEN...From 9 AM this morning to 3 AM MDT Tuesday.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
- Snowfall rates could approach 1 inch per hour for a period of time early Monday afternoon.
- The latest road conditions for the state can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.