September 2021: 200+ Gallatin County Sexual and/or Violent Offenders
The Montana Department of Justice makes it easy for you to check your neighborhood for registered violent and/or sexual offenders. These search tools need to be used properly, but information is the most valuable tool.
As of late September 2021, there are 219 registered offenders residing in Gallatin County according to the State of Montana's SVOR map. As far as the entire state, there are well over 6,500 registered offenders across all Montana counties.
Turns out there is a registered sexual offender living 4 houses down from me. Good to know.
The SVOR dashboard does come with an important disclaimer that is certainly worth stating here:
"Montana’s Sexual or Violent Offender Registration Act is designed to protect the public from sexual or violent offenders by requiring offenders to register with local law enforcement agencies in the jurisdiction where they reside. Information about these offenders is then made available to the public."
You can search the entire state of Montana offender map, county by county or by zip code. You can also search specific town names and zoom in on specific neighborhoods.
How does Gallatin County stack up next to other Montana counties with violent and/or sexual offenders who are registered? Here are some numbers (as of late September 2021):
- Yellowstone County Offenders: Sexual: 546, Violent: 974, Sexual & Violent: 20
- Missoula County Offenders: Sexual: 371, Violent: 402, Sexual & Violent: 11
- Cascade County Offenders: Sexual: 219, Violent: 467, Sexual & Violent: 13
- Lewis & Clark County Offenders: Sexual: 216, Violent: 236, Sexual & Violent: 18
- Flathead County Offenders: Sexual: 235, Violent: 127, Sexual & Violent: 0
- Silver Bow County Offenders: Sexual: 115, Violent: 274, Sexual & Violent: 3
- Gallatin County Offenders: Sexual: 109, Violent: 108, Sexual & Violent: 2
Want to learn something new today? See all the offenses that are considered to be either 'sexual' or 'violent' here. You'll also be able to see the various tiers levels. Be safe. Be in the know. These tools are for your knowledge and safety.
"Under Montana law, photographs are not available for violent offenders, unless they are transient or non-compliant registrants."