Avalanche Center Offering Range of Valuable Classes
The Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center is offering the following classes as winter recreation is in full swing here in southwest Montana.
- December 6, 1-hr Avalanche Awareness and Beacon Practice, 6:30-8 p.m. at Story Mill Park
- December 7 and 9, Beacon Park for the Bozeman Ice Fest, Grotto Falls parking lot, Hyalite Canyon, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- December 11 and 12, Snowmobile Intro to Avalanches w/Field, Holiday Inn, West Yellowstone; more info here
- December 12, 1-hr Avalanche Awareness for Snowmobilers, 6-7 p.m. at Yellowstone Motorsports, Bozeman
- December 13, 1-hr Avalanche Awareness, 6-7 p.m. at Play It Again Sports, Bozeman
With winter here and ski season upon us, avalanches become something that people need to be aware of when enjoying the outdoors.
If you plan on engaging in any outdoor recreational activity this winter, it's always good to be up-to-date on the latest information regarding avalanches in our area.
95.1 the Moose will keep you updated on avalanche information throughout the winter on the air and online at mooseradio.com.
Every weekday morning, we'll give you an on-air avalanche update from the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center.
Want to know more about avalanches in our area or want to attend a course that teaches you the basics of being prepared for an avalanche? Check out the upcoming avalanche class schedule from the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center.