ALERT: Up to 10″ Mountain Snow by Wednesday Afternoon
Another layer of snow, along with gusty winds, are headed to southwest Montana with several inches of snow possible in the valleys and up to 10" possible in the mountains.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM TUESDAY TO 3 PM WEDNESDAY.
- WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 4 inches at lower elevations, with 5 to 10 inches along northern facing slopes and over mountains passes.
- Isolated higher amounts are possible in the mountains. Winds gusting as high as 30 mph.
- WHERE...Portions of central, north central, southwest and west central Montana.
- WHEN...From 9 PM Tuesday to 3 PM Wednesday.
- IMPACTS...Plan on slippery and snow covered roads, with some difficult travel conditions over mountain passes tonight into Wednesday.
- Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
- The combination of wet and raw conditions could be stressful on newborn livestock.
- Slow down and use caution while traveling.