Yerger Drive Closed This Morning – Armed Fugitive [UPDATE]
UPDATE: This morning, police operations are being conducted off of west Main Street and Yerger Drive is CLOSED.
UPDATE as of 9:45am:
- At about 3:50 am, dispatch received a tip that a man wanted out of Missoula County was in the Bozeman area. Gallatin County Deputies and Officers with the Bozeman Police Department verified that there is a Petition to Revoke arrest warrant with an original offense of Attempted Deliberate Homicide for Chad Earl Williams.
- Law enforcement responded to 406 Yerger Drive and were able to remove a total of five people from the residence leaving Williams alone.
- Witnesses confirmed that Williams is armed with a 9mm pistol.
- The City/County Special Response team responded to assist with evacuations and to set up a perimeter.
- Yerger Drive is a small county neighborhood that is surrounded by the city of Bozeman.
- Negotiators have been speaking with Williams since 6:30 am. Law enforcement will remain in place until Williams is taken into custody.
According to the Gallatin County Sheriff's office at 6:45am:
- The Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office assisted by the Bozeman Police Department are currently conducting operations in the Yerger Drive area.
- Yerger Drive runs north off of Main Street in Bozeman near the West Main Town Pump.
- At risk residents are being contacted and asked to evacuate.
- No business or streets except Yerger are closed to public access.
We will share more details as soon as they become officially available from law enforcement.
Yerger Drive curves around then north of Perkins on West Main.