15 Inches of Snow, 40mph Winds Along MT Idaho Border
Travel over southern mountain passes could be IMPOSSIBLE through Thursday morning with very heavy snow and gusty winds expected.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH
- WHAT...Heavy snow possible.
- Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches along and south of a Monida Pass to Big Sky line, but 8 to 15 inches possible along the Idaho and Wyoming borders.
- Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
- WHERE...Southern portions of Beaverhead, Madison and Gallatin Counties, including West Yellowstone, as well as Monida Pass, Raynolds Pass, and Targhee Pass.
- WHEN...From late Tuesday evening through Thursday morning.
- Travel could be very difficult to impossible over mountain passes. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.