6 Best Bozeman Area Places To Watch Montana State Football Games
Tickets to any of the Montana State University football home games absolutely flew off the shelves. There weren't that many available to begin with when they went on sale to the general public. So, where are the best places to watch the games on TV if you didn't score tickets?
Have no fear, as there is no shortage of places to catch Montana State football games on TV in the Bozeman area. NOTE: Every bar and restaurant listed below was contacted directly and asked if they would be airing both home and away MSU football games, and it was verbally confirmed that they would be. (So if you show up somewhere and they don't have it, be mad at them, not us.)
As get further confirmation of more locations that will be airing all the games on their TVs, we'll add them to the list. So what's the schedule like this year? Interesting, to say the least. Here is the official 2023 schedule, with games times noted in EASTERN time...so subtract 2 hours if you're here.
- Saturday Sep. 2nd - Utah Tech Trailblazers at Bobcat Stadium, Bozeman, MT 8:00pm ET ESPN+/SWX
- BEEF BOWL: Saturday Sep. 9th - South Dakota State Jackrabbits at South Dakota State Jackrabbits Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium, Brookings, SD 7:00pm ET ESPN+/MTN TV
- Saturday Sep. 16th - Stetson Hatters at Bobcat Stadium, Bozeman, MT 3:00pm ET ESPN+/SWX
- Saturday Sep. 23rd - Weber State Wildcats at Weber State Wildcats Stewart Stadium, Ogden, UT 8:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
- Saturday Sep. 30th - Portland State Vikings (HC) at Bobcat Stadium, Bozeman, MT 4:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
- Saturday Oct. 7th - OFF
- Saturday Oct. 14th - Cal Poly Mustangs at Bobcat Stadium, Bozeman, MT 8:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
- Saturday Oct. 21st - Sacramento State Hornets at Sacramento State Hornets
Hornet Stadium, Sacramento, CA 10:30pm ET ESPN2
- Saturday Oct. 28th - Idaho Vandals at Idaho Vandals P1FCU Kibbie Dome, Moscow, ID 4:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
- Saturday Nov. 4th - Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Bobcat Stadium, Bozeman, MT 3:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
- Saturday Nov. 11th - Eastern Washington Eagles at Bobcat Stadium, Bozeman, MT 3:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
- 122ND BRAWL OF THE WILD: Saturday Nov. 18th - Montana at Montana Grizzlies Washington-Grizzly Stadium, Missoula, MT 2:00pm ET ESPN+/Scripps/MTN TV
SIDEWINDERS AMERICAN GRILL: (780 Boardwalk Ave, Bozeman) Sidewinders is an excellent choice for those who require someplace family friendly - it's how they bill themselves. The Bozeman location is nicely laid out with a distinct sit-down restaurant area, a large bar area, and a fantastic outside deck (weather permitting). With TVs throughout, they're a solid pick. Sidewinders on Facebook.
ROCKING R BAR: (211 E Main Street, Bozeman) No list of this kind would be complete without the R Bar. As one of the biggest Bobcat supporters in the area, the downtown Bozeman institution is ground zero if you can't be at the game itself. With a SOLID food menu from Hail Mary's, which is located inside the R Bar, there's no fear of going hungry. Rocking R Bar on Facebook.
THE CLUB TAVERN & GRILL: (1325 N 7th Avenue, Bozeman - inside the Best Western Plus) Since it's technically a hotel restaurant/bar, it opens early all the time (6am) and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But no matter, it's also a locals favorite to hang out and catch a game since just about every table and bar seat has a good view of a TV, and easy parking. The Club Tavern & Grill on Facebook.
SPECTATORS BAR & GRILL: (19 Tai Lane, Bozeman) If you can't get into the actual stadium, this place is about as physically close as you can get. (You're literally a block from the gate.) They've got a full menu and are open every day, with burgers, sandwiches, and pizzas. "With 20 TVs and a wide selection of TV packages, it’s hard to find a game or sporting event you can’t catch." Spectators on Facebook.
THE CANNERY: (43 W Main Street, Bozeman) Another downtown Bozeman institution, with a great burger joint attached (Burger Bob's). 40 years of supporting the Bobcats and serving the community tasty beverages. "The Cannery was established in December 1982 by Bob Fletcher who, together with his family, has owned and operated the establishment since." You'll find The Cannery on the northeast corner of Willson and Main in downtown.
THE OFFICE in Livingston: (128 South Main Street, Livingston) You can eat, drink, buy liquor, and gamble at The Office in downtown Livingston. You'll also be able to catch MSU football games this Fall. On other days, the often host themed parties or tastings, along with daily food specials. The Office also their own convenience and liquor store. The Office on Facebook.
Montana's Sweet Pea Festival of Arts and Music in Pictures
Gallery Credit: mwolfe
The 11 Most valuable crops grown in Montana
Gallery Credit: Nick Northern
2023 Yellowstone International Air Show in Billings, Montana
Gallery Credit: Josh Rath