ALERT: 6″ Mountain Snow Possible by Monday Afternoon
High elevations and mountain passes could see over 6 inches of fresh snow with a Winter Weather Advisory in effect. The valleys will see significant rain showers and much cooler temperatures.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM SUNDAY TO NOON MONDAY ABOVE 5500 FEET.
- WHAT...Snow expected above 5500 feet. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches, with higher amounts above 8000 feet.
- WHERE...Elevations above 5500 feet in Beaverhead, Madison, Jefferson, and Gallatin Counties.
- WHEN...From 6 PM Sunday to noon Monday.
- IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions and periods of reduced visibility.
- Wind chills as low as the teens to low 20s.
- Wet and raw back country conditions will exist Sunday night through Monday morning.
- This advisory does not include the cities of Bozeman, Ennis, or Dillon.
- Slow down and use caution while traveling.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.