Beartooth Highway Could Get 10 Inches of Snow
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for the Beartooth Highway with the highest elevations expecting very gusty winds and easily half a foot of snow through Saturday morning.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM SATURDAY.
- WHAT...Snow, heavy at times.
- Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches.
- Winds gusting 20 to 35 mph, causing significant blowing and drifting snow.
- WHERE...The Beartooth Highway in the Beartooth/Absaroka Mountains.
- WHEN...Until 6 AM MDT Saturday.
- Travel on the Beartooth Highway could become very difficult.
- Those with hunting or recreation interests should plan for winter weather.
- For the latest road conditions, call 5 1 1.