Bozeman Area’s Best Places for Trick-or-Treating
With Halloween night on the horizon, many people in the Gallatin Valley may be wondering which Bozeman area neighborhoods are prime trick-or-treating destinations.
After putting on our thinking caps and conducting a highly scientific community poll, the following neighborhoods made the cut and are worthy of being considered great places to trick-or-treat.
We hope these suggestions will help you plan a successful Halloween night and bring smiles to the faces of your little witches and warlocks.
Las Campanas - East end of Madison Ave. - Belgrade
- Convenient location between Frontage Road and I-90
- Low traffic area
- Easy to navigate
Middle Creek Parklands - Huffine & Circle F Trail - East of Four Corners
(Don't worry - many, many more houses have been built since this last Google satellite snapshot)
- Good option for Gallatin Gateway or Norris Road folks
- Loads of houses
- Family friendly
- Suburban feel oozing with Halloween spirit
Northstar - Jackrabbit Lane & North Star Lane - North of Four Corners
- Another westside option for people coming from the outskirts
- Nice sidewallks
- Friendly folks
- Homeowners do great job of decorating their property for Halloween
- Good chance of scoring a full-size candy bar instead of just the fun-size
South 3rd Ave - Between West College and West Olive
- Safe downtown neighborhood
- Nice sidewalks with good lighting
- Established residential area with Bozeman charm
Yellowstone Street - Livingston
- Neighborhood with established Halloween tradition
- Quiet street near downtown
- Underrated destination east of Bozeman
River Rock - West of I-90 off Amsterdam Road - Belgrade
- Good location for people from rural areas west of Belgrade
- Family friendly
- Nice sidewalks
- Great reputation for Halloween trick-or-treating
Cooper Park - North of campus - Bozeman
- Authentic downtown neighborhood feel
- Quiet streets
- Great option for people just outside of town
- Rumors of full-size candy bars
Downtown Bozeman Trick-or-Treating
Let the kids enjoy safe trick-or-treating at over 150 businesses downtown from 4 to 6 p.m. on Thrusday, October 31st. This is a free, fun and safe event with helpers at the crosswalks. Get the kids dressed up in their costumes and head to downtown Bozeman. There will be hot drinks available outside the Downtown Visitor’s Center at 8 East Main Street.
No need to bundle up this Halloween. Just head to the Gallatin Valley Mall for the Malloween from 5 to 7 p.m. on Thrusday, October 31st. Kids can enjoy trick-or-treating from participating retail stores, meet Champ, get free professional family photos, and stay warm and dry.
Belgrade Trick-Or-Treat Street
Downtown Belgrade is hosting their first Trick-Or-Treat Street with candy, free hot chocolates and more from 4 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, October 31st. Businesses through out downtown will be set up and offering treats for the kiddos. Be sure to wear you costume for the free, fun and safe event. Please follow the map seen below.
Manhattan Farmstead Trick-Or-Treat
Get the kiddos in costume and head out in Manhattan to find tricks, treats and refreshments at some of these local businesses that are participating in the Farmstead Trick-Or-Treat from 3 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 31st.