Fort Peck Lake Wind Advisory Through Monday – Gusts up to 40 MPH
Areas near Malta and Wolf Point will see very gusty winds through Monday morning coming off of Fort Peck Lake.
According to the National Weather Service:
Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 am MDT Monday for
Fort Peck Lake.
- Winds: northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Timing: this morning to Monday morning.
- Impacts: these winds will make open waters of the lake rough and hazardous, and may result in high waves which could tip or swamp smaller craft.
- Boaters should use caution if venturing onto Fort Peck Lake.
- For your personal safety, avoid the open waters and stay close to shore or around protected areas.