Here’s How to Avoid Scams on Giving Tuesday in Montana
Giving Tuesday is an international movement to encourage philanthropic giving to counteract the holiday consumerism.
After Black Friday and Cyber Monday comes Giving Tuesday! November 27, 2018 is Giving Tuesday and it is your chance to support the causes closest to your heart.
Here is a list of charities to give to:
- Habitat for Humanity of Gallatin Valley - Click here to donate
- Children's Museum of Bozeman - Click here to donate
- American Red Cross - Click here to donate
- Greater Gallatin Watershed Council - Click here to donate
- Doctors Without Borders - Click here to donate
- Montana FFA Foundation - Click here to donate
- Windhorse Equine Learning - Click here to donate
The Better Business Bureau has a list of things to watch out for before you click the donate button on Giving Tuesday.
The BBB says websites that ask for things such as social security numbers should raise a red flag. The organization recommends double-checking charity names on GuideStar or Give.org to ensure donations are going to an actual charity, as opposed to a sound-alike scammer.
The BBB advises to look for charities that are transparent about where the money will go and who will use it and says researching before writing a check will ensure donations go to people who really need them this holiday season.
If you know of any charities that we should add to the list, please let us know.