It's time to renew FWP licenses for the state of Montana. Good thing, it couldn't be easier to get it done and be on your way. March 1st is the "opening day" of the new license year.

  • March 1st, 2021 is the day you can start buying your hunting and fishing licenses for the 2021 year.
  • Applications for: deer, elk, antelope, deer B, elk B, antelope B, moose, sheep, goat, bison, bear and turkey can be made starting on March 1st.
  • (Applications for permits and special licenses start on March 1st too.)
  • Time is limited for certain permits: The deadline to apply for deer and elk permits is April 1st, 2021.
  • All the available licenses and permits can be purchased through the Fish, Wildlife& Parks website...starting at 5am on March 1st.
  • At the top of the site on the left side you'll see the "Buy and Apply" button.
  • Most MT Fish, Wildlife & Parks offices will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • There is also a call center if you need direct assistance. The call center will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. from March 1st through April 1st. After April 1st, the hours will return to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • The call center can be reached at 406-444-2950.
  • NOTE: When applying for a permit or special license, you will need a valid email address to complete the transaction.

Other cool tricks from the FWP website you might want to investigate: Find a body of water in Montana AND FWP Fishing Access Sites HERE.

LOOK: Here are the best small towns to live in across America

More From The Moose 94.7 FM