UPDATE: Bozeman Snow is Going to be Epic, Brah
By Friday morning we could have a fresh foot of snow in town with up to 28" in the mountains.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM FRIDAY.
- WHAT...Heavy snow occurring. Additional snow accumulations of mostly 14 to 28 inches above 6500 feet, but mostly 6 to 12 inches at lower elevations.
- Winds gusting as high as 35 mph in the mountains.
- WHEN...Until 11 AM MST Friday.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility over mountain passes. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning and evening commutes. There will also be increased avalanche danger for
- Snowfall will decrease somewhat Friday afternoon, possibly allowing it to partially melt on lower elevation roadways, then refreeze this evening. Snowfall will increase again overnight, creating a greater icing hazard.
- If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.