WIND ADVISORY: 60+ MPH Livingston Gusts Through Friday
Another round of very gusty wind are in store for Livingston and areas east, down the I-90 corridor. Travel may be difficult at times and extra caution should be used when driving a high profile vehicle or when towing anything.
Secure any stray objects in the yard...another round of super gusty winds will hammer the I-90 corridor from Livingston all the way to Columbus until 5 PM on Friday (2/19).
- THERE IS A WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THURSDAY AFTERNOON UNTIL 5 PM RIDAY EVENING.
- WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS ADVISORY...Southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph are expected in the Livingston area and areas east.
- WHERE DOES THIS ADVISORY AFFECT...The Livingston Area and Beartooth Foothills are will both be affected with very gusty winds until 5pm Friday evening. I-90 will be probably be directly be affected by these winds.
- Travelers should use extra caution if you must drive during this advisory time. Semis and heavy trucks will be on the roads and gusty winds affect them more than a normal vehicle.
- WHEN WILL THIS ADVISORY TAKE PLACE...From 5 PM Thursday afternoon to 5 PM Friday evening.
- IMPACTS...Dangerous cross winds are expected along Interstate 90.
- Areas of blowing snow (that has already fallen and is already on the ground from previous storms) may reduce visibility at times. Conditions may change often and rapidly.
- Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle, and secure any outdoor objects in your yard, front porch or deck. These gusty winds will blow them away.
Be careful out there! We've had a couple of weeks of "heavy" weather. Take a break if you can and stay off the roads if these gusts really pick up.