7″ Snow Possible Just in Time for Red Lodge Mountain Close
Great news for their last weekend! A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until mid-day Friday for the Red Lodge area mountains and the Beartooth Foothills. Up to 7 fresh inches of snow is possible from this latest storm.
Yes, indeed. Red Lodge Mountain is going to enjoy a bonus weekend for a great end to the ski season, April 17th and 18th, 2021. (NOTE: The Mountain is closed during the week, this week Monday April 12th through Friday April 16th. But they WILL be open this weekend. Hence, the 'Bonus Weekend'.
Need info from Red Lodge Mountain? Call (800) 444-8977
- WHAT: A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect
- WHERE: For the mountains surrounding Red Lodge and the Beartooth Foothills
- WHEN: This Advisory is in effect until Noon on Friday, April 16th.
- SNOW: Snow is expected with anywhere from 2" to 7" inches falling in the area. Higher elevations are expected to receive more snow.
- Caution should be used while traveling through the area because roads will become slick and visibility could drop dramatically during periods of heavy snow.
- Thursday and Friday morning commutes will likely be affected by poor road conditions so plan ahead and give yourself extra time to get where you need to go.
- SLOW DOWN. Roads will be slick and/or slushy at times.
- Get the Red Lodge Mountain ski report here
- You can get road conditions for the state anytime by dialing 5-1-1
Hopefully you can head down to Red Lodge for their "Bonus Weekend" which will be the last of the season. Travel safely and always have an emergency kit in your vehicle. Enjoy!