Bozeman 2016 Leaf Pickup Schedule – Dates and Streets
It's City of Bozeman leaf pickup time! A race against Mother Nature's wrath, hoping they'll get to you before a big snow dump. We've got the leaf pickup instructions and a full schedule for 2016 right here.
Here are the basics of what you need to do:
Bozeman is one of the few remaining municipalities that still pick up leaves in both the city core and subdivisions.
This community service not only assists our residents tidying up their lawns for winter, but by keeping leaves out of our storm water system, our infrastructure, and urban waterways stay clean and clear.
- The City of Bozeman Streets Division will begin collecting leaves in the downtown core area on October 24, 2016.
- For a full schedule broken down by street, click here.
- Collection for subdivisions will begin on October 27, 2016.
- For a full subdivision pick up schedule, click here.
Pick up instructions for the core area are simple:
- Mind the parking restrictions and DO NOT park on your street during pick up days. (YOU WILL GET A TICKET).
- Rake your leaves only (no sticks or yard waste) into the gutter the day before your scheduled pick up day.
- For Bozeman residents in subdivisions, bag your leaves in paper, decomposing yard waste bags (available at most local hardware stores) and leave the bags in your boulevard before your scheduled pick up day.
- Miss your pick up day? Not to worry. The leaf compost truck will be available at the City Shops complex at 814 N. Bozeman Ave on two consecutive Saturdays from 10am to 2pm on October 29 and November 5th.
For more information about leaf pick up within the Bozeman city limits, please visit the City of Bozeman website HERE.