Eastern Montana Wind Chill Advisory Until Monday Afternoon
Just about every county east of Billings (north to south) is under a Wind Chill Advisory tonight and tomorrow morning with temps possibly reaching -30 to -40 with the wind chill.
The entire eastern portion of Montana is under some sort of Wind Chill Advisory. From Malta to Plentywood to Forsyth, warnings or advisories are active.
According to the National Weather Service:
Wind Chill Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to noon Monday...
- WHAT: bitter cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in a short period of time to exposed skin.
- Expect wind chills to range from 20 below zero to 40 below zero.
- WHERE: northern Rosebud, Custer, Fallon, Powder River and Carter counties among several others.
- WHEN: from midnight tonight to noon MST Monday.
- A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will combine to create low wind chills.
- Frost bite and hypothermia can occur if precautions are not taken.
- Make sure you wear a hat and gloves.