Fire Weather Watch for NE Montana Through Thursday
Some counties in Montana are still experiencing fire weather conditions with high temps, low humidity and gusty winds prompting Fire Weather Watches to continue. Northeast Montana counties are still under a Watch.
Towns that are included in this Fire Weather Watch through Thursday: Malta, Glasgow and Jordan (among others).
Please be cautious if you're in back country areas. Fire conditions can change rapidly and any fires that may start, can be extremely difficult to contain.
According to the National Weather Service:
- FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING
- STRONG WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 134, 135, 136, AND 137. (Please see the Fire Zone Map below for further details.)
- AFFECTED AREA...Fire Weather Zones 134, 135, 136 and 137.
- TIMING...Thursday afternoon through Thursday evening.
- WINDS...Northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 15 percent.
- TEMPERATURES...In the mid to upper 80s.
- IMPACTS...New fires can rapidly spread under with the strong winds and low humidity that is expected.
Montana travel conditions and any "Closures or Incidents" will be reported HERE. This is a very good resource to check before traveling long distances within the state.
You can also call: Road Conditions 1-800-226-7623
You can also check the Active Fire Mapping Tool HERE for Montana and every other state. Large incident map products updated daily while the National Preparedness Level (NPL) is Level 2 or higher. Otherwise, when the NPL is Level 1, the map products are updated only on Fridays.
General Montana Travel info can be found here, under the State's official page.