Gallatin County Summer Lunch Program: Everything You Need to Know
One of the best services available to ALL kids in Gallatin County is the free Summer Lunch Program. It's a reliable and healthy way to make sure every single one of our kids get a lunch meal, every Monday through Friday.
THERE'S NO HASSLE OR HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH. It's a no-nonsense program that is simple to use. All you have to do is show up to one of the lunch sites listed below. The Summer Lunch Program is open to ALL KIDS and teens 18 years and younger.
There is NO registration necessary and no paperwork to do. Kids who need lunch can just show up to a location. (Please note, that a few of the more rural locations do ask that you call to register. They need to know how many lunches to make.)
- WHAT: HRDC Summer Lunch Program
- WHEN: June 14th, 2021 through August 27th, 2021
- WHERE: A full list of Bozeman and Gallatin County lunch locations is below (per the HRDC and the Gallatin Valley Food Bank)
- For the sake of complete accuracy, the following location details and times are DIRECTLY from the food bank website:
- Beall Park – Lunch Served Monday to Friday from 11:15 – 12:15 pm – Served next to the pavilion on the corner of East Villard and North Bozeman. (415 North Bozeman)
- Bozeman Public Library – Lunch is served Monday to Friday from 12:00-1:00 pm– Served by the main entrance at the top of the front circle. (626 East Main)
- Gallatin Valley Food Bank – Lunch pick up Monday - Friday from 1 - 4pm. – Distributed with food box drive through.
- Irving School – Lunch is served Monday to Friday from 12:00 - 1:00 pm – Served by the school’s main entrance on West Alderson just west of the garden beds near the playground. (611 South 8th)
- Kirk Park– Lunch is served Monday to Friday from 11:30 - 12:30 pm– Served under the trees next to the Beall St parking lot. (2000 West Beall)
- MSU Family and Graduate Housing – Lunch is served Monday to Friday from 12:00 - 1:00 pm – Served at the playground on the corner of West Garfield and Paisley Court.
- Story Mill Park – Lunch is served Monday- Friday from 12 - 1. Served under the pavilion in front (just south) of the Learning Garden garden.
- Walton Homestead Park– Lunch is served Monday-Friday from 12 - 1. Served next to the playground just south of the Scrubby’s car wash on the corner of 15th and Juniper.
- Belgrade School District has Breakfast & Lunch available for pick up at Ridge View Elementary and Belgrade Middle School. Please sign up for meals in advance whenever possible.
- Big Sky Community Food Bank will have meals available for eating at camp or home, see this FLIER for more info, call 995-3088 to sign up.
- Three Forks School District will have grab and go meals at the Three Forks School with more info coming soon.
- The West Yellowstone Summer Rec Program will be providing free grab and go breakfast and lunch, more info coming soon.
If you or someone you know is 18 years or younger and could benefit from this excellent program, please spread the word. It's our hope that no Gallatin County kid or teen goes without lunch this summer!