Red Flag Weather Warning: Friday in SW MT
Some counties in southwest Montana are at risk of lightning started fires until Friday night. High temps, low humidity and lightning strikes are creating dangerous conditions.
It's a big camping weekend around here so please take extra care if you're out and about.
According to the National Weather Service:
- RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM FRIDAY.
- Affected area: Southern Portion of Fire Zone 110 (Deerlodge/West Beaverhead).
- All of Fire Zone 111 (East Beaverhead).
- Winds: West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Minimum humidity: 14% to 20%
- Thunderstorms: chance of thunderstorms with a mix of wet and dry conditions on Friday afternoon into the evening.
- Strong and erratic winds are possible.