TUESDAY: Free 1 Hour Avalanche Awareness Talk, Online
Free education is always great, especially from the Friends of the Avalanche Center. This Tuesday, January 5th, join us online for a free 1 hour talk about avalanche safety.
The timing is perfect for this free talk, as the snow has been late to show up and conditions in the back country are changing day to day. It's never a bad idea to brush up on the basics of avalanche safety, and gain insight to conditions in our area.
- WHAT: FREE 1-hr Avalanche Awareness Talk
- WHEN: Tuesday, January 5th, 2021
- TIME: 6pm to 7pm
- WHERE: ONLINE via ZOOM - CLICK HERE TO GET THE LINK from the MTAvalanche Education Calendar
- TOPICS TO BE COVERED DURING THIS TALK: Basic search and rescue procedures, how snowpack develops on the mountains, important decision making skills when out in the back country, recognizing avalanche terrain and the effect weather can quickly have on mountain conditions.
- This online talk is absolutely free to attend
- Presented by: Friends of the Avalanche Center in partnership with The Basecamp and Alpine Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
- This is a LIVE, online talk so don't be late!
MTAvalanche.com is your best resource for classes like this one, and many others throughout the season. Lots of classes are free of charge and you'll also find outdoor "hands on" events and classes.
The Avalanche Education Calendar is easy to use, and you can send reminders to your calendar. GNFAC classes are in Red and private-sector classes are in Blue.
RULES OF THE TRAIL - IN PICTURES
Trail Etiquette: Dos and Don'ts