WIND ADVISORY: Livingston Area Until Noon Tuesday
The wind keeps howling through the I-90 corridor in Livingston with 60 MPH gusts happening through noon on Tuesday.
It's been a brutal few days of wind around Livingston and areas east. Vehicles and large semi trucks have been blown around with a few being forced into the ditch.
Please use extreme caution for another couple days on the Livingston to Billings portion of I-90.
According to the National Weather Service:
- WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY AFTERNOON TO 11 AM TUESDAY.
- WHAT ARE THE DETAILS OF THIS WIND ADVISORY...Southwest winds gusting up to 60 mph expected.
- WHERE IS THIS WIND ADVISORY FOR...Livingston Area and Beartooth Foothills.
- WHEN WILL THIS WIND ADVISORY BE IN EFFECT...From 5 PM this afternoon to 11 AM MST Tuesday.
- IMPACTS OF THIS WIND ADVISORY...Gusty crosswinds will make travel difficult on I-90 through Livingston, and some additional roads along the Beartooth Foothills.
- Be prepared for detours through Livingston...as that did occur this past weekend with the gusty winds.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS FOR THIS WIND ADVISORY... Use extra caution when driving during this time period, especially if operating a high profile vehicle.
- Make sure to secure outdoor objects on your lawn, porch and property. Wind gusts will be strong enough to turn ordinary outside objects into projectiles.
- This advisory is for the Livingston area, south of Big Timber to Reed Point. Also included are mountain areas south of I-90 such as Beehive, Nye and Limestone.
- Always have an emergency kit in your vehicle and remember that cell service can be quite spotty in rural areas.