WIND ALERT: 70 MPH Gusts for Livingston Through Wednesday
More dangerous winds up to 70 MPH are in store for the Livingston I-90 corridor and areas east to the Beartooth Foothills through Wednesday evening.
Already a notoriously windy corridor, it seems like the Wind Advisories have been heavier this year than normal. Use extreme caution while traveling through the area during this time period.
NOTE: Several Montana counties are under some sort of WIND warning/watch/advisory. What they're calling it just depends on which specific county you're measuring.
Several semis and other vehicles have been blown off the road in recent weeks. High profile vehicles and towing units are at greater risk.
According to the National Weather Service:
- WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM WEDNESDAY.
- WHAT...Southwest winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph expected near Livingston.
- ALSO: West winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts around 60 mph expected in Northern Sweet Grass county.
- WHERE WILL THIS AFFECT...Livingston Area and Beartooth Foothills.
- WHEN IS THIS ADVISORY IN EFFECT...From 6 PM this evening to 6 PM Wednesday.
- IMPACTS OF THIS WIND ADVISORY...Travel may end up being difficult, especially for high profile vehicles and those towing trailers. Keep your eyes open for cars ahead of you who may have trouble staying on the road. Slow down to a safer speed.
- Anyone driving high profile vehicles should use extra caution or consider putting off travel until the winds taper down a bit. Use caution if you must drive.
- Gusty winds up to 65 MPH will affect several more counties to the north: Southern Rocky Mountain Front, Northern Rocky Mountain Front and Eastern Glacier through Wednesday evening.
- You can check the MONTANA WIND SPEED MAP HERE for real-time wind data.
- Gusts of 20 MPH were already being clocked in Big Timber very early Tuesday morning.