Wind Chill Advisory in Effect Through Friday Morning
Wind chills of -35 are possible in southwest Montana through Friday morning.
According to the National Weather Service:
WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM MST FRIDAY...
- WHAT...Very cold wind chills occurring. Wind chills as low as 35 below zero occurring.
- WHERE...Beaverhead, Madison, Jefferson, Broadwater and Gallatin.
- WHEN...Until 2 PM MST Friday.
- The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
- A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will combine to create low wind chills.
- Frostbite and hypothermia can occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.