ADVISORY: Snow, Wind Chill Though Monday Morning
Dangerous wind chills of up to -30 are possible through Monday morning as fresh snow and gusty winds move into the area.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM MONDAY.
- WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 2 inches at lower elevations, with up to 5 inches in the mountains.
- Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
- WHERE...Portions of central, southwest and west central Montana.
- WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 11 AM MST Monday.
- IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The cold wind chills as low as 30 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
- Slow down and use caution while traveling.