SNOW: Up to 10″ by Sunday Afternoon Near Bozeman
A mid March storm is headed for SW Montana and the highest elevations could get up to 10 fresh inches of snow, with at least a few inches expected in the valleys.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH
- WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 10 inches possible.
- WHERE...Portions of Beaverhead, Madison and Gallatin counties, especially at mountain pass level and above.
- WHEN...From Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
- Some increased avalanche danger is possible, especially across steep terrain.