STORM WARNING: 18″ Possible in Absaroka, Beartooth and Crazy Mountains
Lots of fresh snow and gusty winds will continue through Monday morning with up to 18" of snow accumulating at high elevations.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM MONDAY.
- WHAT...Heavy snow.
- Total snow accumulations of 10 to 18 inches.
- Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
- WHERE...Absaroka/Beartooth Mountains and Crazy Mountains. * WHEN...Until 6 AM MST Monday.
- IMPACTS...The cold wind chills as low as 20 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
- Blowing snow will create poor visibility as well.
- If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- For the latest road conditions, call 5 1 1.